The pictograms are pretty straightforward with the numbers in the washtub depicting the maximum temperature that the clothing can be washed. The numbers are sometimes replaced by dots,
- with a single dot representing low temperature (up to 86°F),
- two dots medium (78°F to 111°F)
- and three dots hot (112°F to 145°F).
- If the regular use of hot water up to 145°F will not harm the product then the label will not have a temperature mentioned.
- A label should clearly indicate if the product should be washed by hand or machine.
- Permanent press is a slightly gentler wash in order to prevent wrinkling of clothes and is designed for wrinkle-treated fabrics, synthetics, man-made fibers and blends.
- The gentle or delicate cycle is meant for washable silks, woolens and any fiber made in delicate constructions or weaves.
- An additional instruction to washing may be to ‘wash separately’ or ‘wash with like colors’ which could indicate that the dyes in that item of clothing may bleed.
Sudsy Water is Harlem NYC’s leading provider of laundry and dry cleaning services. For more information about laundry and dry cleaning pick-up services offered by Sudsy Water Laundry & Dry Cleaning, call 347-366-8079 or book reservations online 24/7!