“Use Your Laundry Day to Relax!”
Affordable Laundry Service for Upper Manhattan Residents
Let us take a load off your shoulders! Sudsy Water offers pick-up and drop-off at a time and location that is convenient for you. In just 24-48 hours, your clean clothes are delivered, professional washed and folded without you having to leave...
Whether you are a busy professional, a senior, an avid traveler or someone who dreads doing laundry, Sudsy Water is here to help. Door-to-Door Laundry With Sudsy Water’s door-to-door laundry service, you can forget about sorting clothes...
New Promotions are coming soon!
Finding the perfect gown is paramount to a bride’s happiness on her big day, and while this process can take months and endless alterations, the dress is only worn for a few hours. In that short amount of time, however, it’s easy to damage and stain your wedding dress.
Following your big day, storing your wedding dress should be a priority – here are a few tips for success.
1. Thoroughly inspect the dress after the wedding. Make notes on tears, loose hems, stains and any other damage.
2. Take your dress and your list of damages to a dry cleaner as soon as possible. Stains will set and become more difficult to remove the longer the dress remains in unfavorable condition.
3. When you get your dress back from your dry cleaners, inspect it against the list you previously compiled to ensure all damage has been reversed.
4. Transport your dress in a cotton fabric bag, as opposed to plastic, because plastic doesn’t allow the fabric to properly breathe. Do this directly before and after the wedding, too.
5. Store your wedding dress wrapped in an acid free paper to prevent discoloration.
6. Long-term wedding dress storage should be done in a box that fits the dress comfortably without excess pressure. Keep the box in a dry, non-lit space. Too much light will cause the wedding dress to yellow.
Many companies offer wedding dress storage preparation for you, and if they’re reputable and have favorable reviews, this is often a great way to go. However, it’s wise to have a trusted dry cleaner assess the dress before packaging it away so you can guarantee its good condition before storage.
Book a laundry pick up or call Sudsy Water at 347-366-8079 today!Read More
When shopping retail, most consumers assume that clothing on the rack, tag still secure, is new, clean and ready to wear. But, have you stopped to think about the people who tried on that blouse or pair of pants before you? What about people who take those items home, try them on and return them after realizing they don’t fit properly? The truth is, many of us don’t think about the fact that new doesn’t always mean brand new … it also doesn’t mean completely clean.
When you put on an article of clothing, things like skin cells, perspiration, as well as more harmful bacteria – such as norovirus or staff bacteria – can be transferred. While this thought is unpleasant, at the very least, it is true. It was proven in a 2010 conducted by New York University’s director of microbiology and immunology Dr. Philip Tierno, and it holds true today.
There is no way to guarantee the garments you buy off the racks in retail stores are truly sanitary. So what can you do?
Leave clothing on when try trying on new items, especially bathing suits and undergarments. Wash your hands after going shopping, and before putting on that new shirt or jacket for the first time, consider running it through a warm wash cycle. For those delicate garments, include them in your week’s dry cleaning and let you dry cleaner know you just purchased the piece and would like to ensure it’s clean before wearing.
Buying new clothing should be an enjoyable experience, and being an informed and cautious shopper will help you make wise decisions regarding the cleanliness and durability of your new purchases.
Book a laundry pick up or call Sudsy Water at 347-366-8079 today!Read More
Most soon to be brides may agree that when envisioning and planning their wedding the following components are crucial to living happily ever after once the wedding day festivities are complete: Family, friends, the vows, the location, the food, the invitations, the photographer, and of course, their fiancé.
But, if they are honest, they’ll admit that first and foremost, it’s all about the dress (wink, wink)!
Once a bride has spent months visiting boutiques and trying on multiple dresses to find the perfect wedding gown, she still needs to have it fitted, cleaned, pressed, and eventually preserved. But – who to trust with this gown in which much time and money has already been invested?
SUDSY WATER – that’s who!
We take pride in staying on top of the latest trends in wedding dress care and ensure that our team members are trained to properly care for even the most intricately designed gowns.
Before the wedding, we’re experts in alterations, cleaning and pressing services and before you head off to your honeymoon, our experts will professional preserve your dress to keep it looking new for years to come!
Good luck with finding the perfect dress and with all the wedding planning details!Read More
There’s a reason many household cleaners have a “lemon scent”. It’s because lemons are pleasant and smell clean. But, other than smelling great, lemon juice is one of the best natural cleaners. Lemons are high in citric acid, have amazing antibacterial properties, and most likely won’t damage the fabric or wood you are cleaning.
Even more beneficial, lemon juice is safe to use where people, babies and pets may come into contact. Lemons can be kept in the fridge for up to three weeks but for best results, they should be at room temperature at the time of use. Roll the lemon across a surface to help you get the most juice out as possible and you’re ready to start cleaning.
CLEAN YOUR LAUNDRY
1. Soak your non delicate clothing (no silks) in a hot water and lemon juice combo (about a half cup per gallon of water) to brighten clothing. Or, add ½ cup to your machine’s rinse cycle. Wash as normal and if you can line dry in the sun after – even better.
2. Add a teaspoon of lemon juice to your wash to help your clothes smell fresher.
3. Add one cup of lemon juice to your load of wash along with your usual detergent as a bleach alternative.
4. Remove grease stains from clothing. Rub lemon juice into a grease stain on clothing and let sit overnight. Wash as normal.
5. Make a paste with lemon juice and cream of tartar to remove rust stains from cotton and polyesters. Test first then rub into the stain and let it sit for about a half hour. Wash as normal.
6. Remove juice stains by mixing 1/3 cup of lemon juice with 2/3 cup water and soak the stain. Wash as normal.
CLEAN YOUR HOME
When cleaning with lemons always rinse with warm soapy water and dry with a clean cloth afterwards. Do not clean anything that is brass plated as the juice will damage the item.
7. Rub half a lemon over the surface of a wooden or plastic chopping board to remove strong odors and stains. Let it sit for as long as overnight then rinse and air dry.
8. Place a 3/4 cup full of water with a couple tablespoons of lemon juice in the microwave and heat to boiling. Keep door closed for another 10 minutes then just wipe the inside with a clean cloth. Food particles will easily wipe off and lingering odors will be gone.
9. You can also rub half a lemon with a bit of salt over the surface of copper pans and dishes to make them sparkle. The same is true for grills and grates. Rinse with water afterwards.
10. Use lemon juice to remove grease, soap deposits & lime scale from faucet & drain.
11. Use lemon juice to wipe down hard water stains on your bathroom tiles and glass shower. Mix 1 part lemon juice to 5 parts hot water.
12. Lemon juice and old toothbrush is an excellent cleaner to scrub tile grout.
13. Mix lemon juice with borax powder to clean your toilet.
14. Combine lemon juice with olive oil to polish wood furniture. Mix 1 part lemon to 2 parts olive oil.
15. Use lemon juice mixed with water in a spray bottle to wipe down windows and mirrors.
16. The same mixture can also be used to clean laminate countertops. Rinse with water and dry.
17. Boil lemon slices in coffee pots and tea kettles to remove mineral. Allow the mixture to sit for an hour or two, and then rinse and dry.
18. Place earrings in a bowl of lemon juice to sanitize.
Have you tried any of the above cleaning techniques using lemons? Are there other natural cleaners you’ve had success with? Please share them with us!Read More
Do you consider professional dry cleaning a necessity, as opposed to a lavish treat?
If so, then you appreciate the benefits of dry cleaning vs. machine washing your clothes. It’s important to point out, not every garment requires professional dry cleaning, but for many items, it’s more sensible. To understand why, let’s take a look at the dry cleaning process and a few of the benefits of dry cleaning.
Dry cleaning is the use of organic solvents to remove stains from fabric. The process contains little or no water. Dry cleaning solvents dissolve and remove grease and oil stains. Water by itself cannot.
When washed in water, natural fibers like wool and silk can shrink, distort and even dull colors. Dry cleaning doesn’t swell the fibers, making these problems unlikely to occur.
Dry Cleaning Is Less Abrasive Than Traditional Washing
There is no water used in professional dry cleaning, so your clothing—particularly delicate items—experience far less wear and tear during the cleaning process. Meaning your clothes look newer, and your colors stay brighter – longer!
The Finishing Touches are Taken Care of For You
Unless you reserve fluff and fold laundry services, when you wash and dry your clothes, you would then have to fold, iron and possibly place your clothes into garment bags. One of the best things about having your clothes laundered by a one of our professionals, is the benefit of having these tasks completed for you!
For these reasons, and a few others, convenience is probably the number one benefit of dry cleaning.
At Sudsy Water, you drop off or we pick up your soiled garments, and they return starched, cleaned, folded, ironed and hanged in preserving bags.
Indisputably more convenient than doing your own laundry!
In addition, our experts remove tough stains and odors far more effectively than you can on your own. Before you toss that stained dress or bedding that the dog wallowed on, let our dry cleaning experts handle it.
Lastly, our dry cleaning services clean more than just your clothing.
If you want to discuss our dry cleaning process, Sudsy Water will be glad to help you! Call us or reserve your garment cleaning online today!Read More